Reporter bought $2,000 Syrian passport, ID card and driving licence in Turkey under the name of a real man who was killed in the conflict
- Forger boasted that ISIS fighters are using documents to travel to Europe to start terror sleeper cells or live under false name free of past crimes
- Also being used by economic migrants from other countries exploiting generosity of Europe to Syrian refugees
- Keith Vaz, chairman of the Home Affairs Select Committee told MailOnline the scam was ‘deeply disturbing’ and should be ‘addressed immediately’
- The blank documents are genuine, having been stolen from government offices by militias fighting regime of Bashar Al-Assad
- EU border official admits fraud is rising and bigger than first thought
The documents, on sale for around $2,000, would help an asylum claim in Europe.
The forger who sold us the papers, said that they are being used by ISIS fanatics to travel undetected across borders into Europe hidden among tens of thousands of genuine refugees fleeing the terror and destruction.
Once in Europe they can set up sleeper cells or live freely under a new identity without facing the consequences of their brutal past actions.
As the forger chillingly put it: ‘ISIS fighters are among the people going to Europe in this way. They are going to wait for the right time to become a fighter for ISIS again.’
The revelation comes as Lebanon warned two in every 100 Syrian migrants smuggled into Europe are ISIS-trained fanatics, with most travelling overland through Turkey to Greece.
The extremist group is sending trained jihadists ‘under cover’ to attack targets in the west, Lebanese Education Minister Elias Bousaab told British Prime Minister David Cameron during his visit to the country on Monday.
‘ISIS will not stop at the border with Lebanon, before you know it ISIS will be in Europe,’ Mr Bousaab claimed.
By Nick Fagge On The Syria Border For Mailonline.
To watch the Reporter’s Video